Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Soup Cozy

During one of my moments of brilliance (see the sarcasm dripping?), I burned my hand taking one of those nukable soup thingies from the microwave to the table. The soup itself was fine to drink, but the container was a bit too warm for my wimpy tastes. Whats a kniter to do? Make a useless cozy!



You will need:
  • size 4 dpn (set of 4)
  • Knit Picks Swish DK in Hollyberry (I had less than a full ball, I could make another one still)
  • Soup container (for sizing)
Cast on 36 stitches. Divide amongst needles, 12 on each. Work in 2x2 rib for 4 1/2" (or until you reach the plastic lid, you may prefer it shorter). Just make sure you have a little bit of an overhang on the bottom, helps it stay put. Bind off in pattern (always looks sucky, you may prefer a different bindoff). Weave in ends and voila! Useless soup cozy!

looks so unassuming doesnt it?



bottom view, see the slight lip?

No comments:

Post a Comment