Friday, March 30, 2012

Lite Reading

(yes, I hate "lite" too but it was clever in my own head!)

Finally was able to get my hands on a copy of The Help by Katheryn Stockette (waited weeks and the library had 3 copies). Devoured it within 3 days (slow, but I did have to juggle everything else) and I was stunned. That is a powerful book, I highly recommend it to any and everyone. I'm usually turned off by excessive cursing/slurs in books and tv (why I stopped watching Dexter and avoided Spartacus), but this dealt with what happened in a very real way. Those terms were widely used, widely accepted, and widely taught to the next generation(s). You felt for these women, you could feel the shame and the anger and the fear though the pages. I'm not normally a jump-on-the-bandwagon book reader, but please read this if you get a chance to do so.

Also, brainstorming new patterns so I *hope* to be able to finish my WIP and work on new goodies :D

No comments:

Post a Comment