Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Halloween Costumes and Project Updates

Look, I actually did what I didn't think was ever going to happen! I'm updating in a timely manner! As promised, here are said cat hats:

Blue secret santa 

Hello Kitty inspired 
Bow is a free ravelry download offered by Elanor King under the name Bow Peep Decorative Bows

What else have I been up to? I used a hot glue gun! Hubs decided to be Captain Spaulding from House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects. Not familiar with the movies? Produced by Rob Zombie, here is a stock photo for reference:

Captain Spaulding played by Sid Haig

Of course we had pretty much NONE of the supplies needed, but thankfully Pinterest saved the day! I used the tutorial provided by Over the Crescent Moon, and can be found here. It only took a few hours, and it only took that long because of the usual dinner/cleaning/kid time that happens around here. Plus a bit of time for glue drying. I only burned myself once, which is a minor miracle. Want to see?



Ta da!


Hubs modeling

Still unsure of how we are going to keep the darn thing on (can't exactly attach it to a clip), but knowing him duct tape might be involved. It turned out better than I could have hoped for, it's a bit on the wonky side but that was because I rushed. I was all excited about finishing it. Best part? I get to make one for myself! I'm going as Death and because I don't have a lovely hat like the one she wears in Death: The High Cost of Living, I'm making due. At some point, I need to invest in a hat like that. After all, who knows where you might have the occasion to wear it? Need to finish the offsprings costume, she now has a crown. Decorated it with green "gems", going to attach green ribbons (seaweed esque). Also have to finish her arm thingies and add straps. But I have 9 days! 





No comments:

Post a Comment