Monday, July 1, 2013

Dear blanket, screw you. Love, me.

A friend of mine bought yarn for me to make a baby blanket with. No rush, she just wanted one on hand for a gift (she was thinking grandkids and knowing how old her kids are, I have loads of time). I started this once, dropped a needle, gave up and stuffed it away. Now because the darn yarn is in the way, I'm making it again. It's basically a giant dish rag. I have the pattern posted somewhere, need to update tags on my old posts yet but if you are impatient, here is a pattern link of the blanket:  http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L20088.html?noImages=0 

I'm not following it to the letter, I'm using Red Heart Buttercup yarn and ohhhh does it SUCK! It sticks to my dry skin, knots are almost impossible to pick out because you can't see through all the fluff, and it grabs onto every stray hair and lint ball in the air and doesn't let go. It is quite fluffy and soft, but I would hate to have it for anything other than a photo prop. I'm using size 17 needles so hoping it goes fast. The halfway point will be when I get to the second ball, we'll find out just how big it turns out then. In the meantime, I'm just going to curse at this knot that is preventing me from finishing a row with TWO STUPID STITCHES LEFT. Maybe this will inspire me to finish my ugly hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment