Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pitties For Pres

I'm going to hop right on a very controversial subject: pit bulls. Now I love dogs, and with all the news these poor doggies have been getting I figure I can get my 2 cents in on it. I don't have a personal problem with them. I know people are afraid because they can be aggressive. So can lots of breeds. My mothers blue heiler was supposively a not-for-kids dog, You know how much sand he had dumped on his head by small children in a lifetime? How many times he was sat on, stepped on, tripped over and pulled? So I'm not being dismissive of breed, its how they are raised. Pitties need a firm hand, so do lots of other breeds. But they've been getting the press so they are who I'm choosing. I said I have no problem with the breed, what I have a problem with are the individuals and the individuals raising them. Around here, it's the ghetto. I admit it. But do we really need these jerks who crave to belong to a thug gang hanging around? Losers with no job, multiple kids by multiple women (no joke one guy has 14 at last count), and no fashion sense. Pants sagging around your knees do not make me think your sexy, they make me think you can't read the # on the pant sizing chart. These jackasses have pit bulls and raise them to be aggressive. They WANT to strut around this neighborhood with every little kid wanting to pet every dog in sight when they have one they need to strain to hold onto. Do I blame the dogs? No, it's not their fault they have an idiot for an owner. I blame the stereotypical fucksticks who think they need that dog to protect their dope from some other loser that they ripped off who stole the drug money from a baby momma. And before anyone says I'm being racist (I haven't once mentioned race, losers come in all shapes forms and colours here), or a bigot, or a downright jerk, hear this: you don't live here. You arent trying to raise children here. You aren't here day in, day out listening to what is said and having to worry if your flower pots will disappear in the night. Why am I here? Because I have no other option right now. I'm not asking for a pity me, I'm asking you to accept that I am not being a holier-than-thou person. I'm being me, and I'm being honest. These are the people with pit bulls that I dislike. I hate the attitudes they force into these poor animals from such a young age. One was racing and tearing around the yard with 3 little boys today. Beautiful pure white female. I sat there watching them all be kids together, and hating the fact that she might grow up to bite kids who try to have fun like that with her. Simply because someone thought thats how she should act because its a symbol. It might not happen that way, for her sake I can only hope. Flopped out on the grass, rolled over for her tummy rubbing because she was tuckered out. That sacraficed for an image? No animal should be subjected to that. Don't presume I'm a PETA fan, never wear fur eat meat etc. I wear fur, I eat meat and I sleep at night. Fur is because when it's below freezing (hell below zero) and you're outside for another half an hour at the least waiting for a dog team to come in, you dress for warmth. Fur is warm and the hide is durable. Meat? Not always a fan but right now I'll chow into a bowl of stew with the best of them. Venison jerky is great (if mom makes it). But I don't own (nor do I want) a full fur coat. I don't want half a cow in my freezer (and the other half already digested). I'm a redneck, cow shit doesnt bother me, shooting at squirrels/deer/rabbits/coyotes/woodchucks/etc doesn't make me gasp in horror, and I will walk barefoot willingly. And because it was hilarious, Pitties for Titties was a breast cancer support team from Bruised not Broken  which is something I'm a fb fan of. Cracked me up so I'm sharing it with you all. All 7 followers (which may change, but I'm thrilled to have any followers so thank you all!)

1 comment:

  1. I fully agree with you it is how the owner raises them. And what people don't get to see, are all the pitt bulls that get dropped off at shelters because they weren't mean enough...and now have serious anxiety from being mistreated. My good friends rescue is 2 1/2 and is on doggy prozac and submissively urinates when touched. Thanks a lot people! All they want is to make you happy, and they will do whatever you want them to to acheive that.

    ReplyDelete