Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Post

Yes, late, but it's the thought that counts right? I stayed at home on New Years (not for lack of trying) but in hindsight I'm glad I did. New Years tends to be a drunken fools game, and I for one am not a fan of hoards of sloshed idiots. But what really gets me are the resolutions. Theres always someone asking what yours is (and if any of you have, I'm not offended, just amused. you'll see why). People create all these inflated dreams and hopes for the new year and some set insanely high goals for themselves. Some are great, quitting smoking, getting in shape, keeping in touch with family. Most will break those in the first few weeks in January. Others, silly goals like having a partner by the end of the year, married in June, learn to sky dive. All things that shouldn't have a time limit. What makes me smile is that these people insist on doing it January 1st. It would work just as well March 7th or October 20th. If you really want to start fresh, then do it. Just don't do it because of the resolution hype. If you make it, all the more power for you. If not, don't be hard on yourself maybe it wasn't an attainable goal (like growing the longest eyebrows evah). I'm just hoping to finish some of those U.F.O.'s lurking around here..if I can find them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment